NJIT has a long history of innovation in digital communications.With one of the most computing intensive campuses in the world, NJIT has pioneered in the applications of new technologies as learning tools. The university educates one of the largest groups of computing students in the nation. Not coincidentally, New Jersey is one of the leading states for computing and high technology businesses and offers the highest median salary in the nation for information systems managers.
If you study information systems at NJIT, you will have state-of-the-art courses in the latest web and computing technologies, analysis and design techniques, and enduring principles underlying the field. You learn not only how to design and build software for applications, but also how to integrate them into corporate and government decision making systems, how to manage them and how to evaluate their effectiveness. You will gain a comprehensive understanding of the role of Information Systems in our high-tech digital and web-based economy.
IS at NJIT
- State of the Art curriculum.
- Professors are experts in their fields, and are very student focused.
- NJIT’s IS graduates place among the highest-paying and most plentiful jobs nationally.
- Strong Co-op and Internship program with major local companies.
- Our degrees provide a hands-on, application design focus, with a solid technological foundation (as opposed to a pure theory or a pure management orientation).
- Provide career preparation for technical, management, project management or business application team leadership.
- Very flexible majors, with many specialization tracks to fit your interests.
- Modern campus in the University Heights community of NJIT, Rutgers, UMDNJ & Essex County College.
- Only ½ hour from NY City by train!
- Very diverse region with a variety of cultural communities and living possibilities (on & off-campus).
- Study part-time or full-time.
- Research opportunities with IS professors.
- NJIT undergraduate BA IS and Web & IS programs are the first fully accredited IS programs in New Jersey, and among the few in the country. (Only undergraduate IS programs are accredited in the U.S. NJIT as a whole is a fully accredited university.)